Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Balance

Started off today with a yoga class. I'd thought of doing it Wednesday, but it was raining that morning. Not today. Today was chilly and on-and-off clouds, but no rain. The class wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be. I figured everyone would come in today, since there's a lot of things going on this weekend, but there was only 11 people, counting the teacher Micki.

We mostly worked on standing poses and on breathing techniques. Thank goodness my nose was working fine this morning. As for the standing...well, I'm getting better, but I still can't hold my balance for that long. Can't lean on my shoulders for very long, either.

Headed over to the thrift shop after that to say "hi" to my friend Erica and browse around. I found two cute, tiny porcelain bears dressed for fall holidays - one in a witch's hat, one in a Native American's headband. I also picked up a tall Thanksgiving turkey-and-pumpkin wood-look decoration.

Rode home after that, making a brief stop at Doria's Deli on West Clinton Avenue for turkey. I had a lot of chores I wanted to do this afternoon before work. I made the bed. (I only make the bed every couple of weeks. Who's gonna see it? Not to mention, I have at least 30 stuffed animals to load onto it.) I dusted the window treatments and blinds. I vacuumed. I made a turkey sandwich for lunch with the last of the home-made buttermilk rye bread.

Other than I had a somewhat difficult time riding to work, thanks to traffic on narrow Kendall Boulevard and a broken-down bus near the Oaklyn ramp, work went just fine tonight. It was steady, with no major problems. My schedule's much better this week, too. Fewer hours, but not that much fewer, two days off (one is a counseling day), nothing later than 8PM.

Oh, and Mrs. Doria said that trick-or-treating in Oaklyn starts extra-early tomorrow, thanks to Halloween being on a Saturday this year. The kids here will be out between 12:30 and 6:30. In a way, that makes sense. With the kids off, they can get it done during the daytime, and the littlest candy-lovers can get their goodies before the sun goes down.

No comments: