Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sports Night In Philadelphia

I slept later than planned and had to rush my breakfast of Pear-Whole Wheat Pancakes...and even then, I was STILL almost late to work! I'm just not used to going in at 11:45, instead of on the hour or the half-hour. Really throws me off. I didn't even have time to call Mom or do the dishes.

Other than that, work was just fine. It was very, very busy for most of the day. If people weren't getting ready for the Eagles game at 4:30, they were getting ready for tonight's Phillies game. Other than my relief was late, I had no major problems. My ride to and from work was cold, cloudy, and windy, but the rain seems to be gone for now. I don't think it's rained since late last night.

Uncle Ken and Dad don't usually do parties for late games, and Dad's in Florida anyway. I listened to the Eagles game on the record player's radio at the apartment. I almost wish I hadn't. The Eagles played terrible and lost to the not-much-better Raiders, 13-9. Giants fans can't be happy, either. They had their first loss of the year to the red-hot New Orleans Saints, 48-27.

(At the very least, the Phillies are winning in the third inning at press time. Let's hope they keep doing that.)

I spent the rest of the evening having braised cabbage and leeks, mashed sweet potatoes, and the last chicken leg for dinner. After dinner, I used the bones from the chicken legs to make chicken stock. I jumped in the shower while the stock was boiling.

Finally got through to Mom after the game was over. She was in a surprisingly good mood for such a bad game. Other than she's not happy with her job at Michael's, she's fine. Anny's feeling better now that she's settled in and has figured out visitation rights for her younger son with her ex-boyfriend.

Oh, and I finished Get Smart: Season 4 this morning. There were some really good ones in this last batch. My favorites were "Leadside," the delightful spoof of the 60s detective show "Ironside," and the hilarious two-part spoof "The Not-So-Great Escape," with Max first trying to rescue a group of Control agents who have been captured by Kaos, then lead them to freedom when he ends up in their number.

No comments: