Thursday, October 15, 2009

Raining Balance

It was merely cloudy when I rode out to Yogawood this morning for this week's class. There were ten people in class, including the teacher Karin. We worked on stretching and twisting today. Other than a few bobbles in the Warrior poses, there wasn't anything too complicated.

Karin mentioned it had started raining during class. It was still coming down when I got out. I went a block over to the Collingswood Variety Store to see if they had any witch's hats. Yes, they did, but they were all way too small for me. I was hoping the rain would let up, but it never did. I just headed back for Oaklyn and got wet.

Stopped at the CVS on the border of Oaklyn and Collingswood on the way home to see if they had any hats. Yes, they did, and they were the right size this time, too. As you may have guessed, I'm going to be a witch for Halloween. A nice witch; I have no desire to slather on green makeup and fake warts for a costume I'm probably only going to wear once or twice, and I don't really look like a mean witch, anyway. I look like a chipmunk.

It continued to rain for the rest of the afternoon. It was still raining around 1PM. I ended up calling Dad for a ride to work, something I generally avoid doing unless the weather is really terrible. Not only was it raining, but it was windy and very cold, probably only in the 40s-lower 50s.

Work was surprisingly steady for such a dreary day. I didn't think anyone would want to run around in this weather, but today is the last day of our sales, and I guess a lot of people didn't feel like going too many other places.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You can be "Faintly Macabre," the Not-So-Wicked Which from The Phantom Tollbooth.