Thursday, August 06, 2009

A Gentle Summer Rain

It was raining and downright cold this morning when I had Cheerios and blueberries for breakfast. I grabbed a sweater and turned off the air-conditioning. By the time I headed to work around quarter after 10, the rain had slowed to the point where I wasn't wet at all when I made it to work.

Work was annoying. There were a lot of obnoxious or just plain cranky customers today, including that woman who always gives everyone a hard time about bagging and how her order comes out. Thank goodness the weather wasn't exactly the type that encourages people to become delinquent. There were no call-outs and, other than grouchy customers, no major problems. In fact, it went very quickly for a middle-of-the-week morning. There were probably still a lot of beginning of the month people.

Though my relief claimed it had rained earlier, when I finished at 3:30, I walked into a cool, cloudy day. Even the clouds were starting to break up as I rode down the still-unpaved Kendall Boulevard over to West Clinton. My original plan was to get some water ice as a treat after my fairly frustrating morning, but Leo's Yum Yums was closed for some reason. (Maybe the weather?) I went next-door to Doria's Deli for a Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi instead and chatted about my vacation with Mrs. Doria.

The sun finally came out this evening as I did this month's budget and made leftover steak and vegetables and a Peach-Banana Crisp for dinner. I hope it stays out. Collingswood is having a big Craft Show this weekend, and it would be nice if it was dry when I went to see it.

No comments: