Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Heat Is Really On

Ugh. It was slightly cooler this morning when I headed out to the bank to deposit my paycheck, but still very humid. Good thing the bank was dead and I wasn't out for very long. I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon at home, fooling around with my new laptop. I eventually intend to try to download the photos from my digital camera onto here. Hopefully, it'll go MUCH faster than with my old ones.

Continued the third season of Wonder Woman. The first three episodes on Disc 1 weren't too bad, but by the time I got to the shows about the psychic who uses a disco to lure top Washington brass into his clutches and a woman who controls ants, I started to understand why most people consider this to be the worst of Wonder Woman's three seasons. The ant thing in particular was just too weird for words, and saddled with a dated moral about the use of chemicals on insects to boot.

Work was a bit busier than yesterday, not helped by several annoying customers. Two middle-aged men fussed and grumbled all through their orders. (From what they were saying, it sounds like their wives roused them from air-conditioned TV viewing to do chores.) Another woman squawked at me when I told her I could help her bag the last of her groceries. I don't know why she got so upset. It was during the 4-6 rush hour. I guess she was just tired after work.

No comments: