Thursday, October 21, 2010

Balance and the Sudden Storm

It was still cloudy and cool when I rode to Yogawood this morning for this week's yoga class. The focus today was on "shavassana"...i.e, the corpse pose, or leading up to relaxing. Most of it wasn't hard, just standing poses and easy balancing. Nothing I couldn't do.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library next, but there wasn't much to do there. I put one DVD away and organized the DVD shelves. I left barely an hour later. Stopped at the thrift shop and bought brown Mary-Jane shoes for my Velma costume and at WaWa for a turkey hoagie, water, and a pretzel.

Twenty minutes after I got home, I heard a tremendous BANG! It had gotten sunny when I was at the library, but clouds had built up in the horizon on my way home. Or at least, on part of the horizon. It was a rather noisy, wet thunderstorm...that lasted all of ten minutes. The Bowery Boys movie I was watching online hadn't even finished when the storm passed and it was sunny again, and remained sunny for the rest of the day.

Spent the rest of the afternoon alternating between helping Miss Ellie in the yard and doing things inside. I piled sticks into bags and took them to the bush next to the road. (They'll go out next week.) I paid my college bill. I helped Miss Ellie pull away grape vines that were choking the holly and lilac trees on the edge of her property. I raked.

When I finished raking, I had just enough time to run inside, change into my uniform, pack dinner, grab a jacket, and head to work. The clouds were gone by now and it was sunny, but windy. It wasn't even that when I rode home.

Work was on-and-off steady, no major problems besides some annoying customers early in the evening, including one woman who kept screaming curses at her family where everyone could hear her.

It died fairly quickly later, and that could have had to do with the Phillies game that started around 7. They were losing when I was at work, but at press time, the Phillies are beating the Giants, 3-2.

No comments: