Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trees and Balance

The rain that persisted all through yesterday had finally vanished by the time I woke up this morning. There were still a few clouds and it was still windy, but the sun was out and the humidity had dissipated. However, it remained too warm for this time of the year, probably mid-upper 70s, though it wasn't quite as bad as yesterday.

We worked on the Tree Pose in a full, 18-person class. At one point, we worked with partners, who helped us steady our poses. Pattie did a really great job steadying me. She's a good teacher. She said I did well with her, too.

My next stop was my last trip to the thrift shop. The thrift shop is closing after this week, a victim of an economy that can't sustain the non-profit organizations that run it. I was able to say "hi" to Erica and buy some tins and boxes for Christmas baking.

Volunteered at the Collingswood Library next. Their Storybook Hour was having a special Halloween party, and I saw some really cute costumes. One boy was a skunk. Another was a puppy. There was Sleeping Beauty, a fairy, and two really cool dinosaurs. I watched the kids go in and out as I organized and filed DVDs.

Dropped by WaWa for a pretzel after leaving the Library, then rode home. I had a quick lunch when I arrived. After that, I went outside to work on pruning the bush next to the pine tree in front of Miss Ellie's side of the house. I quickly filled a garbage back with branches and dragged it to the front of the yard. I saw Miss Ellie as I was going in and told her I'd do some pruning tomorrow, too.

Went straight to work after I finished in the yard. Work was fairly quiet when I arrived, but it picked up during rush hour and was steady by the time I left. There were no problems, other than my relief being late.

No comments: