Friday, October 15, 2010

Winds of Fall

The heavy winds had blown the clouds away by the time I awoke this morning. It was as sunny and breezy a fall morning as one could wish. It was so chilly, my landlady had the heat on for the first time since the spring!

As soon as I finished breakfast, I went for a long walk in the neighborhood. It was a lovely day for it. I walked down to Newton Avenue, around to the library, and up to WaWa. After picking up water and a banana for a snack, I went back down the White Horse Pike, then down West Clinton, looking for yard sale signs for tomorrow. Didn't see any, but I'll look again tomorrow morning.

I spent the rest of the afternoon editing three short Bowery Boys stories Lauren and I wrote over the past few days. Two are more Bowery Boys fairy tales, "Cinder Sach" and "The Three Little Bowery Boys." One is a quickie about Sach and Slip's reaction to a nasty thunderstorm. All should be up at the Riverside Rest by the end of the weekend.

I left for work slightly early. Today is payday and the day we get our schedules. My schedule was disappointing, especially compared to this week's. While I don't work earlier than 2 or later than 8:30 (and I only do 8:30 once, on Thursday), I only have 17 hours. And they now don't have the excuse of us constantly being dead. We've been fairly busy lately, and will continue to be busy. The Eagles and Flyers are doing well; the Phillies' run for the National League Championships begins tomorrow. Not to mention there's tons of fall festivals, fairs, hay rides, parades, and school and community events going on.

Work was a bit quiet when I arrived at 2:30, but it really kicked in around the 4-6 rush hour. It didn't start slowing down until right before I left at 7. There were a few annoying people, but nothing on the line of yesterday. I was in and out with no problems.

I went to Arby's and had a Chicken Club Sandwich for dinner, then went back to the Acme to do grocery shopping. I mostly needed to stock up on things that were on sale - granola bars (I love Fiber One), peanut butter (Skippy was $1.99), peanuts, cooking spray, yogurt, canned pumpkin, and Smart Balance 50/50 Spread. I also bought shaved beef for sandwiches next week and coconut to make coconut macaroons. I've been craving macaroons since I bought those big ones from the Acme two weeks ago.

No comments: