Monday, October 04, 2010

A Rainy Day In New Jersey

It was cloudy and downright cold when I got up this morning. It was so cold, I had two blankets on for the first time since at least April. It felt very nice and cozy. After the dry heat we've had all summer, I'm very glad to have weather that really feels like fall.

I got up early enough to get my laundry done, with time to pull out the winter clothes when I got home. While it is a bit early for turtlenecks, I don't think I'll be needing my bathing suit or tank tops again this year, either. It's supposed to get into the lower 70s by the weekend, then just drop back into the 60s and stay there. Like I said, fine with me.

It was still just cloudy when I rode to work. Work was very busy, a combination of the beginning of the month, many local sports events, and today being the last day of a big 4-day sale. I was in and out with no problems, other than I had to put my bike in an alcove in the storage area in the back of the store instead of the back room. A manager and a bagger were cleaning the back room for some customer service classes we're supposed to be having over the next few days.

No comments: