Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gloomy Balance

The day didn't start out looking like I mentioned in the last entry. When I headed out the door for this week's yoga class, it was still bright and sunny. The air was chilly, but it was no more or less so than it should be at this time of year, and there was no wind.

Inspired by last night's rescue of the Chilean miners, Karin had us work on standing and balancing poses "to feel freedom and unity with the Earth." My standing poses are getting better, but I still cannot get on my head. I guess my arms aren't strong enough.

Dark clouds started rolling in while I was in class. My next stop was the thrift shop. I dropped off two sweaters and ended up grabbing a lot of Christmas things - four Great Songs of Christmas records, The Betty Crocker New Christmas Cookbook, two videos (one Snowden's Christmas), and two Golden Books. (My sisters and I had one of them, Raggedy Ann and Andy Save Santa Claus, as children.) I also picked up a Three Dog Night record.

The clouds just continued to gather as I walked the bike over to the Library. (I don't like to ride my bike on the busy and narrow Collingswood sidewalks.) I didn't spend a lot of time there. I just put away DVDs. When I finally finished the stack and got everything organized, I said good-bye to FA and went out the door.

Alas, I didn't dodge the weather this time. It was just starting to rain when I headed out...and the rain continued all day. I just rode in it and got wet. I couldn't even get a ride. Uncle Ken was shopping for my cousins. Dad's on a job in New York.

Work was a pain in the rear. I don't know if it was the weather or today's end-of-the-week sales got mixed up, but we had a lot of annoying people. At least two people had to return their orders because they didn't have as much money in their accounts as they thought. Another woman kept pouncing on every item that didn't come up exactly right. And it was frustrating that the sales change at 6...and a lot of people were buying last week's sales and not getting the right price. I was about ready to scream when I finally finished my shift.

No comments: