Monday, October 11, 2010

Laundry Day

First of all, I wish everyone a happy Columbus Day! I hope you got to do some exploring of your own.

I got up early this morning to get my laundry done before I left for work at noon. I really need to do it early more often. I arrived at the laundromat at around quarter after 9. There were only two other people there, and almost all of the driers and washers were open. It got a little busier by the time I left at 10:30, but it was never overwhelming.

When I got home, I put my clothes and dust rags away, then had an early lunch. I had a leftover chicken leg and a spinach salad with cucumbers and the last of the small pears. Even with a decent-sized lunch, I still had plenty of time to get dressed and head to work without rushing.

Work was on-and-off steady, a bit surprising for a holiday. I suspect a lot of people may have taken advantage of a warm, sunny day to go down to the Shore and close their summer homes for the year. There were a couple of condescending old ladies, but otherwise no problems, and my relief was on time.

No comments: