Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Changes For the Library

I started off a partly sunny day with a walk to the Oaklyn Library. It was fairly busy when I arrived. The children's area was covered in plastic. I saw a man painting the wall above the shelves a cheerful bright yellow. The librarian told me they're completely repainting the children's area and getting new carpeting. It'll be a while before I can do anything over there! I spent a while organizing DVDs instead.

I met a very cheerful fellow volunteer while I was there, too. Shannon asked me to sign a card for a librarian whose husband had a stroke. We struck up a nice chat. Apparently, she lives around the corner from the library and volunteers there frequently. Cool! I hope I'll see her more often. She was really nice.

I took a short stroll around the neighborhood after leaving the Library. I didn't have the time for a long one! It was 11 by then, and I had to be at work by one. The sky had clouded over for a little while, but by this point, it was sunny again. It was a little warm and humid, but the cold wind kept it from getting really bad.

Got home around 11:30. I had plenty of time for a good lunch. I made an omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese from the farm market and had one of the kiwi fruits from the farm market wholesale booth. I watched Bowery Boys movies until it was time to go to work.

Work was steady when I came in, busy during rush hour. Other than some annoying customers, there were no major problems. I was in and out on time.

No comments: