Friday, August 02, 2013

Summer Madness

I slept longer than I probably should have this morning and spent most of the time reading. I got so caught up, I was late eating and almost late to work! This was not a good thing. We were very busy all afternoon. First of all, it's the beginning of the month. Second, one of the lotteries had gotten really big, up to over 300 million. Third, it's Friday, and people get paid and go grocery shopping no matter how crazy things get. I was so happy to finally turn my register over to one of the teenage boys around 6 and get the heck out of there.

I changed into a regular shirt, then stopped up front to get this week's money before heading out. I rode my bike behind the Acme to Sonic for dinner. It was a beautiful night to eat outside. It was windy and a little humid and warm, but not nearly as bad as the last few weeks. I ordered a Grilled Chicken Sandwich, onion rings, and my favorite cherry limeade. The chicken was dry and a little tough, but the limeade was refreshing, and the hand-battered onion rings were as tasty as ever. It was so nice, some people even came out of their cars to eat on the patio, including a father and his small daughter and a middle-aged couple.

Went right back to the Acme after dinner to get my own grocery shopping done. I didn't have a huge order. The Acme was having a big mix-and-match sale that for once included some things I needed, like Poland Spring sparkling water, Pillsbury cake mixes, Pam cooking spray, and Multi-Grain Cheerios. I also picked up Smart Balance butter, orange juice concentrate, canned black beans to replace what I used on the dip earlier this week, sugar, and chocolate chips.

And my schedule's pretty decent for this time of the year. I have slightly fewer hours than last week, but nothing to worry about. Otherwise, everything is almost the same, including 5 to 10 on Monday and Tuesday and Thursday off. (And this time, I'm going to need Thursday off. I have a dental appointment.)

No comments: