Saturday, October 19, 2019

Brazzle Dazzle Day

Began a sunny day with breakfast and Tiny Toon Adventures. It's a "Hare Raising Night" when Buster is assigned to stop the mad scientist Dr. Splicer from throwing together animals in strange mutated experiments. He drags along the others to help, claiming that he's taking them to the Emmys. Plucky keeps insisting that he's going to the winner's circle, while Babs tries to avoid the advances of a love-sick mutant creature.

Had just enough time to dash off to the Collingswood Farm Market. The Farm Market is starting to wind down for the season. They only have about a month left. Several food booths have already been replaced by craft tables selling ornaments and bird houses. There was enough left for me to pick up apples, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, and two small eggplants.

I also bought this year's pumpkin. I always buy a pumpkin for my apartment and keep it out until Thanksgiving or it went bad, whichever comes first. I normally buy it in late September, but after both the pumpkins I bought last year went bad before Halloween, I decided to wait. It's a nice little dark orange orb with a very, very long and thick stem.

As soon as I got home, put everything away and had lunch while watching more spooky Tiny Toons. Buster and Babs introduce three segments about "Stuff That Goes Bump In the Night." Montana Max is a "Home Wrecker" when he builds his new summer house over Buster's hole. Buster's ghost returns to get even. Elmyra is saying "Fang You Very Much" when she gets what she thinks is a cute bat, but is really a vampire who thinks she's lunch. A mosquito is an "Easy Biter" who thinks Hamton is the perfect midnight meal.

I ordered a new bike seat from Amazon a few days ago. It arrived promptly today. I did manage to get it on, but even after I did, it still came loose. Not to mention, I'd raised the seat too high. I didn't really realize this until I was already on my way to work. Oh well. I'd fix the seat later.

Work was steady for most of the afternoon, not quite as busy as I figured it would be. It was probably too nice for most people to be in grocery stores. I did very briefly end up in a register and put away a little candy, but I mostly shelved items, cleaned the bathrooms, swept the store, and gathered carts. No really major problems.

As soon as I got home, I adjusted the seat again, then went upstairs to do some writing. Gary offers to take Little Sarah Riding Hood to her Granny Mary's house in their carriage. When they arrive, they see the door wide open. Sarah goes to find her granny upstairs, while the others check the ground. Charles and Gary dash upstairs when they hear her scream, only to find a wolf trying to snatch her basket. The not-so-big-or-bad canine has no interest in her. He's not even really a wolf. He just wanted lunch. His voice gets caught in his throat momentarily when he tries to say his name, until he finally spits out Bill (Daily).

Finished the night after dinner baking a Cinnamon Swirl Cake (which came out beautifully) and watching Pete's Dragon. I go into more details on the original version of an old favorite of mine at the Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Pete's Dragon (1977)

(Oh, and happy birthday to my very best friend Lauren! And the cookies did arrive on time, by the way, and she says she enjoyed them.)

No comments: