Sunday, October 13, 2019

On Sunday Morning

Began a sort-of cloudy morning with work. It wasn't bad when I came in, but things picked up by around 10:30-11 AM. The Eagles game was at one, and everyone wanted party food before that. I did shelve some items, but I mainly stayed outside and gathered carts and trash, at least for as long as I could. As it turned out, several people called out. They had me stay an extra hour. I got stuck in the register around 11:30-noon, but was able to get outside shortly after and spent the rest of the afternoon with the carts.

Hurried off as soon as I could get away. Mark, Joya, Rose, Craig, and their kids were already there when I arrived. This time, Jodie had meatball and hot sausage sandwiches with Caeser salad and those hot pepper tomato slices again. I had a tasty meatball sandwich and salad, with yellow cupcakes trimmed in fancy piped red, black, and green icing from Rose for dessert. Finley was napping when I came in; Khai played with his Nintendo Switch and iPad. Rose and Jodie eventually took them around to several neighbors' houses to play.

Wish the game had been as lovely as the food and company! I'm afraid the Minnesota Vikings simply outran the Eagles all afternoon. They were up 24-3 when I arrived. The Eagles did mange to catch up in the third quarter, but then the Vikings started up again. The Eagles just couldn't keep up, and an avalanche of penalties on both sides didn't help. They eventually lost 38-20.

Went home as soon as the game ended. Did a lot of writing tonight, including after dinner. The mysterious lady whom the head guard released turns out to have power over the woods. She makes the trees throw apples and acorns at Skutch and his men before running off. Charles sees Skutch attacking Richard and trying to pull off his hood and uses his lute to distract Skutch, then hit him over the head. Skutch vows revenge, but Richard is grateful enough to offer Charles a place to stay and a new job with them.

They return to the cottage in the woods they're living in and find the door wide open. After they drop the trunk in the living room, they go upstairs to find the perpetrator...and find the sorceress from earlier sleeping in one of their beds. She's not happy when she's woke up, but Charles gets her calmed down. She tells them that her name is Brett, and she was trying to put distance between herself and Skutch and stopped at the cottage to rest.

Finished the night with the second Disney music collection CD. My favorite here is a real rarity - the full soundtrack to the Main Street Electrical Parade, which is currently back in its original Disneyland home. I also like the lovely "Candle On the Water" from Pete's Dragon, "On the Front Porch" from Summer Magic, and the twittering birds of one of my favorite attractions at the parks, "The Tiki Room."

No comments: