Saturday, August 24, 2024

Rhymes and Harvests

Got a quick start today with breakfast and Bluey. Bluey and Bingo are excited about "The Sleepover" with their cousin Muffin. They're disappointed when it turns out that Muffin is transitioning out of daily naps and is too tired for staying up late, but manage to stay up anyway when Muffin gets so wild during their game, she eventually ends up in a sleeping bag toting a garden flamingo.

Hurried out to the Collingswood Farm Market soon as the cartoon ended. The summer produce season is now at its height. Every summer fruit or vegetable you can dream of was piled onto booths and tables - eggplant, peaches, plums, nectarines, peppers, melons, potatoes, tomatoes, and corn. I saw the first of the fall harvest, too, sweet table grapes, lettuces, and apples. Even at 11 AM, the farm market was crowded with people stocking up for barbecues and family get-togethers. I grabbed dark purple grapes, tiny gala apples, huge peaches, and little multi-colored cherry tomatoes. 

Made a quick stop at WaWa on the way home. They just started rolling out their fall smoothie and drink flavors. I tried a pumpkin brulee cream smoothie. Tastes like their regular pumpkin smoothie with praline bits. Not bad, but I do wish the bits didn't get caught in the straw.

Began Rio 2 and had lunch when I got home. I go further into the sequel that takes Blu and his family into the Amazon jungles to find more Spinx Macaws at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog. 


Hurried off to work before the movie ended. Work was pretty quiet for most of the afternoon. It must have been busier early in the day. The carts were bad when I got in, and I never did quite catch up with them. Other than getting told to put a bunch of cold items away when I had less than five minutes before I was done with my shift, I had no major problems and was in and out.

Changed and finished Rio 2 after I got home, then ended the night on YouTube with tonight's Saturday Classics Match Game marathon. Stand-up comedian Nipsey Russell started on the show in 1973 and appeared straight through to the early syndicated series in 1979. He was one of the best players in the first seat, always ready with a quip or an off-the-cuff rhyme. He saw that contestant with the blond beard that Jo Ann Worley was crazy about and helped Gene deal with that goofy lady in 1976 who kept latching onto him. By the time of his last week in late 1979, he was popular enough to have a question revolving around him about what would be incongruous for him to promote.

Bring your best rhymes and have a fine time with the Poet Laureate of Television!

No comments: