Wednesday, August 06, 2008

As We Go Along

Spent the morning of this hot but lovely day at work. Work was on-and-off busy, nothing unusual. It rained overnight, and it was still a little bit humid when I left for work at 10:30. By 3PM, it remained hot, but the humidity was gone and there was a pleasant wind on the Black Horse Pike.

It was so nice, I decided to go for a walk and run a few errands in the neighborhood. I'm so glad I was off early today. The biggest advantage to early work is having the rest of the day to yourself. I headed down Manor Avenue and over to the White Horse Pike Family Dollar for a bag of sponges and another of pot scrubbers, both of which I can never find at the Dollar Tree for some reason. I then walked down the White Horse Pike to the CVS on the other end of Oaklyn. Eggs are cheaper there than they are anywhere else. I nearly asked the cashier if she made a mistake when they came up $1.69! (The only other places that are anywhere near as cheap are the eggs at Doria's Deli and the Acme for $2.29.) I spent the rest of the afternoon doing last month's budget and working on editing the Monkees role play.

No comments: