Monday, August 04, 2008

Trying to Balance

I started off the day and the week with a Vinyasa class at Yogawood. Things went much better today than they did the last time I went to Yogawood on a Monday. Maybe it had to do with my good mood coming off of a busy weekend, or maybe it was due to there being more beginners in the very full class. (I wasn't the only one who couldn't do the standing balance poses this time, and I saw people struggle with other moves, too.) This time, I left class feeling light-hearted and glad that I'd tried something new. So my balance isn't terrific. I'm good at other poses. I can lift my legs and down a downward dog (lean on your hands and toes and lift your back and buttocks) like nobody's business.

I got in with enough time to have lunch, change, and head to work. Work was on-and-off busy today, pretty much the same as yesterday, with no problems other than some mildly annoying customers - you really can't avoid those during the beginning of the month rush.

No comments: