Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lego My Lightsaber!

Today was one of my two early work shifts this week, and the longer one. It was...long. There were quite a few pain-in-the-rear customers, including one older lady who made a fuss when I didn't know whether or not I could take her ID card to cash her check. We're only supposed to take Federal or military driver's licenses and non-driver's IDs. The head front end manager was at a meeting and wasn't able to tell me we can fill out a special card for senior citizens who don't drive until the woman was gone. (At any rate, I wasn't the only one the old lady was grouchy to. The woman behind her complained that she yelled at her when she accidentally knocked into her flowers, which were hanging unavoidably over the side of her cart.)

When I came home, I had several messages waiting on my answering machine. One was a telemarketer. One was a wrong number. The last one was from the girl who helped me select and price glasses at America's Best yesterday. She said she had an extra 50% off coupon from working there that she didn't need, as she'd just gotten glasses not long ago, and had asked her boss if I could have it. It brought the price she mentioned yesterday down to about $75, which is much better. I'm so glad everyone at America's Best (including the doctors and the receptionist) were so sweet.

After I called her back and said, sure, thanks a lot, I'd be glad for any help I could get. I went over to Uncle Ken's to do the laundry after that and spent most of the evening watching Jessa and Brittany play the Lego Star Wars Wii game. Yes, this was the same game I watched my little cousins play all Christmas afternoon. It really is addictive. It's more-or-less an RPG version of all six Star Wars films...but as if you were playing a Zelda game with the real Star Wars Lego sets. There's Lego-like versions of all the characters, and much of the game play revolves around characters having to build staircases or ramps or take apart doors to secret rooms or levels.

I had dinner at Uncle Ken's, too. Daddy made egg-batter-fried tilapia, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, peas, and macaroni and cheese.

No comments: