Friday, August 22, 2008

Fighting Tooth and Nail

I had my first dental appointment since late May today. Alas, it won't be my last. As it turns out, I still have so much carbon and tartar build-up left in my teeth, they're going to need a few more one-hour sessions - yes, with needles - to get it all out! They just did the upper left side today. The needles hurt and I did cry a little, but the dentist doing the cleaning was nice - she hates needles, too.

I went next-door to the bank to cash a small rebate check after my dental appointment, since the bank is just a block over from the dentist's office. They were having a hot dog spread for their Customer Appreciation Day (though not cooked over an open grill this time). I ended up with a hot dog (no bun), two brownies, a small water bottle, and some chili. Not that I could really chew much, given my numb mouth, but it was a nice gesture anyway. I spent the rest of the afternoon before work editing the five or siz short stories Lauren and I have written over the past month. (Look for them over the next few days. Lauren went on her annual weekend bus tour with her parents, which should give me time to finally catch up on editing.)

Work was steady-to-dead, no problem at all and likely to remain so as long as this gorgeous 85 degree weather holds out. I did my grocery shopping for the week after work and got a larger-than-usual paycheck (good thing, given I just paid for my LAST dental appointment and need to pay for my glasses and contacts).

No comments: