Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kingdom of Caring

In a reverse of yesterday's schedule, I began today at work. It was surprisingly busy for the middle of the week and the middle of one of the least-exciting months of the year. There were some annoying customers, and I had a few frustrating breakdowns (I'm just tired), but there were otherwise no problems and my relief was on time.

I went for a short walk after work and took three DVDs out of the Oaklyn Library. One is a selection of "try your best"-themed episodes from the 1988-1990 cartoon Care Bears Family Kingdom of the Moon, one was a 70s parody of disaster films called The Big Bus (I thought it seemed rather appropriate, seeing how that's my usual mode of long-distance transportation), and one was another adult-oriented recent film I've wanted to see, Waitress, about a long-suffering waitress who turns to her love of pie-baking for comfort. Anything that touches on baking as healing is going to intrigue me...I can certainly relate to THAT.

1 comment:

Tina said...

WAITRESS is faaaaaantastic. You'll love it.