Thursday, August 07, 2008

Summertime, and the Livin' Is Easy

I had a nice, quiet day off. I slept in this morning and worked on editing this month's Monkees Role Play. I didn't spend a lot of time in Collingswood before or after counseling. I don't have a lot of money left. I briefly visited Erica at the thrift shop and browsed the Collingswood Variety Store (which now has Toucans and Crocodiles for those of you who may be looking for those rare, just-released WebKinz). At Genesis Counseling, I mostly chatted with Scott about joining Yogawood, Mom's problems with Skylar, Dad, and Anny, and looking into library science. Scott said he mentioned my interest in library work to friend of his who are librarians, and they said it's actually fairly popular right now.

It was truly a gorgeous day, sunny, 85 degrees, and not humid at all. After my counseling session and a quick stop at the Collingswood WaWa for a treat (they have the soda fountain with the flavored syrups now), I rode home, had lunch, and went over to Uncle Ken's to do the laundry and have a swim. Uncle Ken and Dolores are home; they were resting and watching TV when I came in. Jessa was watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody and eventually joined me in the pool after I put my laundry in the drier. The pool felt really, really good today, as warm as bath water and twice as therapeutic. I'm glad Jess joined me for once, too. We had a nice chat about the great weather we've had this summer, the upcoming Olympics, and our families. (Dad and Jodie are in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for a music festival and some Campbell's business on Jodie's part.)

I'm hoping for more days like this for the rest of the month. I'm going to do some research and see if I can find some other cheap or free things going on near-by that I can go to. There's a Craft Show and Fair in Collingswood on Saturday. I may see if I can get there after work.

Oh, and Lauren and I finished the latest Monkees Role Play tonight! It started shaky, but we really had fun with it once we figured out where the plot was going. Look for it sometime this weekend!

No comments: