Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Workin' For A Livin'

I ended up spending almost all of today at work. Someone called out, and I was asked to stay an extra two hours, bringing this shift up to 8 hours. Not really too much of a big deal, but tiring. I haven't worked an 8 hour shift in months. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot of call-outs this week. This IS the last week of summer vacation for most kids and those who work for the school systems. I'm surprised I didn't get more hours originally. Oh well, between my vacation, my rent, my glasses and contacts, and still paying for my dental appointments, I really need the money.

Work was steady today, not really too crazy. It's the middle of the week and the end of the month coming up on a holiday. It'll be much busier this weekend, when people who aren't preparing for end-of-the-summer Labor Day barbecues start stocking up for kids' school lunches and back-to-school meals.

No comments: