Monday, August 18, 2008

Balancing Lesson

Started the day with Yogawood. It was an unusually small class, just four people including me. (Perhaps people were avoiding the heat. It got up to the upper 80s-lower 90s today, not bad for this time of year but warmer than it has been lately.) I'm still working on certain moves. I don't know why my balance is so bad. I can't stand for more than a few second on one foot without more support. I wish I could get to the Gentle Vinyasa classes. Everyone always seems to be able to do shoulder stands but me. Jill helped me, but my shoulders just aren't strong enough yet.

And all four women had children. Once they started talking about their children, I might as well have not been there anymore. Now, don't get me wrong. I love kids, and I'm glad they loved theirs. I just wish I could talk about it with them, too. That's the downside to living in lovely suburbs. I seem to be the only single late twentysomething who lives in the lovely suburbs. There's no one else around here who isn't married with a family or retired.

I visited the thrift shop afterwards to cheer me up. I actually found some good stuff there for the first time in weeks. I ended up with a battered copy of a 50s-era pirate novel, 4 CD-Rs (for 35 cents each!), and a collection of hits from the 1920s.

Headed home after leaving the thrift shop. I dropped my finds on the table, grabbed the Oaklyn Library DVDs that were due today, and went right back out again on foot. I made a quick stop at the library and dropped the DVDs on the counter, then went to WaWa for turkey, milk (they have it the cheapest of anyone in the area), and one of those awesome fountain sodas with the flavored syrup. (I made my own Cherry Coke Zero.)

Spent the rest of the afternoon adding more music to the MP3 player and copying and burning the CDs I took out of the Haddon Township Library. I finished with just enough time to jump on my bike and head to work. Work was almost a total replay of yesterday, steady with lots of large orders and no really major problems. Between college students leaving for college, college students arriving at the local colleges, and people returning from vacations, I imagine it'll be steady for the rest of the week. (Which does explain my sudden increase in hours.)

No comments: