Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'll Never Get Away From Them

Slept in today and just crocheted for the little time I had this morning. Probably a good thing, too. Work was much busier today than it was yesterday, and there were more annoying customers, too. I was trying to go fast all day to keep up with the lines, and even when there weren't lines, I went fast so no one would complain about being stuck in line. One old guy made a fuss because I was fast, saying I was pushing him out. I assumed he'd want to get out! Who wants to hang around in a grocery line all day? The guy behind him thought he was being miserable, but I didn't mean to get him mad.

After work, I just headed home. It had started out sunny and gorgeous, but by the time I got home, it was cloudy and windy. I was dead tired from rushing around all day, too. I still ran to the bank to deposit this week's paycheck, though. It had to be done. I debated getting a quick dinner somewhere, but I felt bad about it when there was still leftovers in the fridge. Why buy food when you already have it? I had home-made chicken sausage patties from earlier in the week, escarole salad, sauteed asparagus and mushrooms, and the last banana-cranberry muffin after crocheting some more and watching The Great Muppet Caper.

It's supposed to rain all weekend and into Tuesday. God, I hope not! I really don't want to call for rides all weekend. I feel so horrible when I do that, like I'm a moocher, even when people claim they don't mind. And I have a lot of things to do on Tuesday, too - that WOULD be my only day off this week!

No comments: