Friday, April 23, 2010

Welcome to the Weekend

Slept in and didn't do a whole lot this morning. I mostly just updated my DVD inventory with my newest finds. Made my grocery list, too. I try to do my grocery shopping on Fridays, when I get paid.

Work wasn't too bad today, on-and-off steady. There were some obnoxious customers. One of the older ladies who fussed and complained and gave orders about how her bags should be done without lifting a finger herself was so annoying, she got the older woman behind her pissed off! Apparently, this lady had once been a clerk and later manager in a card shop and knew how it felt to deal with trying people. I really appreciated her sympathy, especially since she was a big help with her bags.

My relief was on time, allowing me to get my own grocery shopping done. I wanted to make a mousse pie after that Orange Coconut Mousse Cream Pie came out so well last month. Acme has a brand of chocolate mousse mixes on clearance; I went with my favorite, dark chocolate. The Keebler chocolate pie crusts were on sale, too. I also bought fruit and vegetables, mixed nuts (I demolished those almonds I bought), frozen peas and canned cream of chicken soup to restock after last week's dinners, granola bars, and yogurt.

Alas, I think I put too much milk in the mousse mix, because my pie came out soupy. Maybe it'll be better in time for breakfast...

Oh, and I'm not overly thrilled with my schedule this week. The upside is more hours, which will keep those good paychecks coming...but the downside is later hours, including three 2-8 days in a row. A LOT of people went on vacation this week (since this week is the last week before our vacation cycle starts over), which will probably leave us short-handed as well. Not a good thing, since the beginning of the month is next weekend.

No comments: