Friday, April 16, 2010

Rain on the Horizon

It was sunny when I finally rolled out of bed around quarter of 9. I didn't really get a chance to do much today. Mostly just made breakfast, read my new Sitcoms book, and watched cartoons.

Work was steady when I arrived and steady when I left, but not overwhelmingly so. Once again, there were no really huge problems. The worst was one of those people who buy a full cart-load, then realize oops, they didn't bring enough money, we have to return three-fourths of it. I really, really wish they'd learn to count. $60 in food stamps does not add up to $90 worth of food.

There were dark clouds on the still-sunny horizon when I finally got to doing my grocery shopping. I needed a lot, too. Had to restock my apples (Macintosh were on sale), bananas, grapefruit, escarole (the cheapest and most versatile leafy green I can get right now), celery, yogurt, and butter. Needed dried cranberries, on-sale ground turkey, whole-wheat pasta, and Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sundaes, too.

About an hour after I got home, it finally started showering lightly. It's been on and off ever since, and it's supposed to continue through the weekend.

Oh, and my schedule's not bad next week. Later hours, including one 2-8 day, but I also have two days off. I should be able to get more done, including more re-organizing, dusting, and a counseling day.

No comments: