Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rainy Daze

Slept in this morning; it was probably just as well. Today has been gloomy, gray, and chilly. I made my bed and crocheted while watching Sailor Moon first season episodes to combat the dark day.

Despite the gloom, the ride to work wasn't too bad. It was raining lightly, but not so much that I was soaked when I arrived. The wind surprisingly wasn't bad, either, nor was there any flooding.

I was almost late, but it turned out to not matter that much. The Acme was mildly steady when I arrived and mildly steady when I left...but dead as a doornail in between. April's not a really big month for us, especially when Easter's early. (Not to mention, most people who didn't get them done back in February like I did have taxes due this week.) My relief was on time, and I grabbed a whole wheat roll for the meatball sandwich I planned on having for dinner and headed home.

The rest of my night at home was pretty quiet, too. I continued spring cleaning. Vacuumed the apartment and washed the windows. After I was done there, I spent an hour crocheting before making the meatball sandwich, salad, and honey-glazed carrots for dinner, with lime-coconut ice for dessert.

No comments: