Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Surprises

I slept in this morning. Watched the rest of Laugh-A-Lympics, then walked to the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteering there. I was working on the DVDs when the kindergarten kids who have their storybook time at the library arrived. The kids seem to be having an Earth Day theme this week. Their teacher read them a book about water pollution and what we can do to keep our water resources clean.

After the kids finished listening to the story, I worked on organizing the children's section. The kids were really cute. I commented on the books they were reading. One boy said it was his birthday. I congratulated him and told him mine was a week ago. They asked me why I talk funny (I have an overbite that gives me a slight lisp) and why my eyes look strange (my right eye is very stigmatic; everything's one big blur when I don't wear my contacts or glasses).

The rest of my afternoon after I got home was fairly quiet. I crocheted, had the last of the tuna casserole for lunch, and messed around online. Clouds were on the horizon even as I arrived, though, and by the time I left for work, it looked like rain. It only spit a tiny bit on the way, though.

Work was on-and-off steady, with no major problems. The weather must have scared people off. According to my customers, the showers picked up shortly after I got to the Acme and hadn't abated since then. It was still raining when I rode my bike home, but it was late by then, so I just rode and got wet.

No comments: