Friday, July 16, 2010

Hot Hot Hot!

Ugh. It continued to be hot, hazy, and humid today. I slept in, then spent some time volunteering at the Oaklyn Library, mostly organizing children's books. After that, I went for a walk. Stopped at 7-11 and bought a cup of honeydew and cantaloupe chunks and a very salty soft pretzel for lunch. (And was reminded why I don't go into that 7-11 more often when the Middle Eastern guy behind the counter started asking questions that got a little too personal for my liking.) I ran to CVS to buy some Draino, but the guy in front of me took so long to buy money orders, I put the bottle back and went home empty-handed.

I hung out at my place and read until it was time to go to work. Work was on-and-off busy all night, with no major problems other than some annoying customers. I didn't even have much to buy after I finished, mostly whole wheat flour, yogurt, a small shoulder steak for pepper steak, granola bars, and dish washing liquid. I had lovely dinner of salmon, sauteed summer vegetables, and very sweet Jersey corn on the cob when I got home.

My schedule for this week is pretty decent, too. I have Tuesday and Saturday off, with only one day that's later than 7...but that day is 5:30 to 10 on Wednesday. I only hope I don't need a ride that night. Most of the people I know don't stay up that late.

No comments: