Friday, July 09, 2010

In All Kinds of Weather

First of all, I would like to ask the person who keeps posting in my comments that I'm autistic and I ought to go to a doctor before I hurt someone to please stop posting here. I'm not autistic. I've been given tests that prove that I'm not autistic. Severe social anxiety is not autism, and I have no desire to hurt people. In fact, that's the last thing on the planet I want to do - to anyone. If you attempt to post in my comments again, you will be rejected. Thank you for your concern..

Mother Nature was really weird today. When I headed to the Oaklyn Library this morning, it was sunny. I spent about an hour in there. They were doing something with the DVD and videos. I think they were trying to separate "teen" movies from "kids" movies from "adult" movies, but someone has a weird idea of what those three groups would be interested in. Since when were teenagers into Forrest Gump or a really bad Tim Allen/Kirstie Alley vehicle from over a decade ago? And no matter how much they might want to see them, the Harry Potter movies are really too intense for most younger kids. I had a much easier time with the kids' books.

When I got outside, it had clouded over...sort of. There were clouds, but they were broken up and showing blue sky underneath. It was spitting a little when I walked over to WaWa for an unsweetened fountain iced tea with a little cherry and vanilla syrups and a banana for a snack.

The little shower turned into a rather big one as I headed towards West Clinton Avenue. I first hid under the bus stop in front of City Hall to avoid the rain, then at 7-11 across the street. I was going to go down to CVS, then walk past Dad and Uncle Ken's and over the tracks, but I didn't trust the weather. I turned down West Clinton when the rain slowed and walked home...by which time, the sun was starting to come out, of course.

I spent a half-hour or so finishing The Tale of Applebeck Orchard. I enjoyed the Beatrix Potter Cottage Tales series in general. Linda Young is right that some of them (like Briar Bank) get a little too involved with the animals, though thankfully that was less of a problem in Applebeck. However, these are fairly meandering stories with little plot, and the mysteries are never worse than arson and accidental deaths. This isn't for heavy mystery lovers, but fans of gentler historical fiction and historic cozy mysteries may enjoy them.

It was sunny again when I had green beans, tomatoes with mayo, and Jen's smoked salmon for lunch. (By the way, thanks again, Jen. It was delicious! I'll have the rest later this week.) However, the clouds had appeared again as I changed into my uniform and packed mini-backpack with a bag for grocery shopping later. It started raining as I left...even though it was sunny! It had stopped by the time I was at work, and I'm a little disappointed I didn't see a rainbow.

Work was steady-to-dead, with no major problems than some obnoxious older people who wouldn't bag, then ordered me to bag for them...and proceeded to re-arrange everything and add more groceries to bags they supposedly wanted light. I was very glad that it was quiet when I was done and I was able to leave with no relief.

I had dinner at Sonic's after a very quick stop at FYE to check if they had any new WebKinz. Ordered the same chicken wrap I had when Lauren and I were there last month, with a Low-Cal Diet Lime Limeade instead of the Cherry one. (By the way, the Cherry's better. Covers up the aspertame-y taste more than the lime does.) It was really busy at Sonic. The tables were filled with young men, including one strange guy who kept telling everyone within a five mile radius how much he loved Sonic's music.

I rushed back to the Acme as soon as I was finished eating to do my grocery shopping. I needed a lot of non-food items, and I wanted to make a pudding pie.

Oh, and my schedule this week is much better, 26 hours with Tuesday and next Saturday off. My only complaints are some fairly late nights, but having more hours makes up for that.

No comments: