Thursday, July 15, 2010

Restful Balance

I worked at 1 today, so I kept my morning chores to just yoga class. I'm glad I did. It felt very relaxing after all the stress and craziness yesterday. It was a medium-sized class, about 12 including me and the teacher Karin. We worked on hip openers and standing poses. I was able to do very high "donkey kicks" again, but I still can't get on my head. I guess my shoulders aren't strong enough.

Went straight home after class. I'm tired from all the walking I've done this week; my legs are still sore. I spent the rest of the afternoon working on editing this month's Monkees role-play story. It's a riff on The Goonies and treasure-hunting; look for it later tonight.

I'm so glad the weather behaved today after yesterday. It was humid and hot, but not quite as much of either as it had been. I saw where the flooding was yesterday on my way to Collingswood. The underpass on West Clinton Avenue, next to the Oaklyn Manor Bar, was a mess; I had to duck around several banks of mud. According to several customers yesterday, the one on Nicholson Road was just as bad.

Also unlike yesterday, I made it to work just fine. It was off-and-on busy with no major problems.

No comments: