Thursday, July 01, 2010

Beginning of the Month Balance

Started off another gorgeous day with this week's yoga class. We concentrated on stretching and working the legs. I did ok, but I'm still having a hard time with balancing. On one hand, I'm doing much, much better with bridge poses...but I still can't go any farther. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, either. There were 14 people there with me, my friend Pattie, and Karin, the teacher - not empty, but not as much as last week. A lot of people must have left early for their weekend trip to the Shore.

You'd never know that from how busy the Collingswood Library was! I arrived just as they were going into the second half of their Storybook Hour. There were lots and lots of DVDs to put away and organize! I was there for almost an hour and a half. Made a quick stop at the thrift shop after that to say "hi" to Erica, then headed home.

I had lunch, then decided to take advantage of the cooler day to bake muffins. I made Blueberry-Lemon Muffins from my British cookie book, topped with cinnamon and sugar, just like Mom used to make her blueberry muffins when we were little. Ran The Woman In White while the muffins baked. I'm not normally the biggest fan of Masterpiece Theater, but I did read Woman In White when I got into mysteries in high school.

Went for a walk after the movie ended and the muffins came out of the oven. It was a wonderful day for it. There was a fabulous breeze, and it was neither too hot nor humid at all. I went across the tracks this time and down by Dad's, then back around to West Clinton and down Woodland Terrace. Saw lots of people out and about - kids getting sodas at Doria's Deli, people working in their yards and taking their little ones out for a stroll.

When I got home, I cleaned up after the muffins, then changed into my work uniform, packed my dinner, and headed to work. It was a nice ride, though a little windy. I wish it could stay this nice all summer.

Work was a pain. It's the beginning of the month, complete with all the fun, annoying people who can only do their shopping now because this is when they get their government funds. Thankfully, I was in the express lane, so I avoided some of the Camden families with huge orders and even bigger chips on their shoulders. I did get stuck with a lot of obnoxious, demanding old people who couldn't (or wouldn't bag), and yet had no problem with giving me 200 orders on how to bag.

One of the older ladies was really confused. I spent 5 minutes trying to explain to her that yes, I put the store card in, and no, she didn't have any sales. I wasn't sure, which is why I did put the card in. She alternately fussed that I hadn't put the card in and wondered why I put the card in when she didn't have any sales. And she claimed she couldn't lift the cat litter bag in her cart...yet wouldn't accept help to get it to her car.

No comments: