Thursday, July 08, 2010

Too Hot To Balance

Actually, when I woke up this morning, it was quite cloudy and a bit cooler than it has been. However, it was still really hot, in the lower 90s, and very humid. That may be why there were only 9 people in class today, counting me, my friend Pattie, and the teacher Karin. We worked on inversions and standing poses today. On one hand, I can now kick up in the air easily; on the other hand, I still can't get on my head.

Went straight to the Collingswood Library next. They were busy, but there was surprisingly little to do. There were no DVDs to be put away or non-fiction books to shelve. I organized DVDs downstairs.

Made a fast stop at the thrift shop to say "hi" to my friend Erica next. Poor Erica's very upset. Her beloved cat Honey is having kidney problems, and she has to put him to sleep. What a bummer! I've met Honey before. He's a sweet cat, and Erica and her mom adore him. She says she's planning on getting another cat as soon as possible. She'll miss having a cat around too much to go without one for long.

Two quick stops at Rite Aid (to check mouthwash sales) and WaWa (milk) followed. After that, I went straight home. It was getting sunnier by then, and while it may not have been as boiling hot as earlier this week, it was by no means cool, either. I had leftovers for lunch, then spent the rest of the afternoon working on things online.

The Acme tried to call me in around noon, but I didn't get in until around 12:30-1. It might be just as well that I opted not to take the hours this time. It was steady during rush hour, but otherwise dead. There was plenty of help and no major problems.

Some people claimed to have seen rain, but everything was still bone-dry when I got out of work. It was also somewhat cooler, with a wonderful breeze. I had a nice ride home.

No comments: