Monday, July 19, 2010

Storm Front

It's a good thing I slept in this morning. There was a huge thunder storm going on when I got up around 8:30. It wasn't quite as bad as last Wednesday, but it was still pretty noisy. It wasn't as long as last Wednesday, either. It was long-over by the time I finished breakfast and headed out to do this week's laundry.

The laundromat was really busy this week. I barely got a washer or a dryer. There were lots of people doing bags and bags of clothes! It was noisy and a bit hard to concentrate, but I did read some of Simple Abundance. I'm hoping to continue reading these self-help books, at least until I have the money to find a life coach. For now, I'd like to counsel myself.

And I've decided that I'm not going to attempt the New York day trip on my vacation week next month. First of all, while I can afford going down Cape May County (which probably won't cost more than $15 or $20 one-way), a one-way ticket to New York costs $35...and that's before you figure in the train or bus ride to the 30th Street Station. Dad's said he's not going to be around early next month, too. I'd have to take a bus to Cherry Hill and back. That's not a big deal when you can catch the train on your own time, but it's more of a problem when you're on a deadline. Plus, I'd be coming home at night, which I'm iffy about.

There's lots of other places around here I can go on a day or overnight trip to. I've been wanting a longer trip to Atlantic City, since my day in AC with Lauren ended up being so short. Ocean City is another possibility. I've never been to the King of Prussia Mall, or the Cow Town Rodeo and Flea Market in Woodstown, NJ, and I haven't been to Clementon Park (a small family amusement park not unlike Six Flags Great Escape) in years.

There was a message on my answering machine when I got home. A manager from the Acme had called; could I come in early? It was past 12:30 when I got home and I was supposed to work at 2, but I figured that I needed the money. I was able to put away my laundry and eat my Peanut Butter and Blueberry Butter on Honey Whole Wheat Toast sandwich in record time, and got an extra half-hour of work in.

Work, as it turned out, wasn't much trouble tonight. It was busy when I came in, dead enough when I left that my relief was late and I was still able to shut down and leave on time. Good thing, too. Dark clouds had been gathering since about 6. By 7, they were reaching critical mass. I got lucky. The clouds were still just hanging there as I bought milk. By the time I was on the Black Horse Pike, it was starting to sprinkle and thunder slightly. The storm didn't pick up speed until at least 20 minutes after I got inside.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You could definitely spend all day at the King of Prussia Mall. That's not a mall, it's an exercise program!