Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Libraries On the Run

I did a lot of library volunteering today, starting with the Oaklyn Library. I continued my attempt to clear out and re-organize the paperback series shelves. Did Goosebumps, Junie B. Jones, the Arthur chapter books, and The Magic Tree House. After that, I went straight to the Haddon Township Library. There wasn't much going on there; I just organized DVDs and kids' books. Didn't take anything out at either place. I have too much going on this week.

Made a very quick stop at Dollar Tree to buy a birthday card for my nephew Skylar (who will be turning six on Saturday) and a thank-you card for Mom and Dad for having me over next week. It was almost 2 by that point. My stomach was rumbling, but I didn't have the money for lunch, so I went home.

After a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a plum, I started in on the next part of the day - cleaning! I'd really like to get most, if not all, of the cleaning done this week before my vacation. I got a nice scrub in on the bathroom and kitchen. The bathroom in particular needed it. The tub was really bad.

I decided that a cooling swim was in order after I finished the kitchen. It felt really nice. It was hot and humid today, but neither as hot nor as humid as it was last weekend, and there was a wonderful breeze. The water reflected this - cooler than it was on Sunday, but not too cold. I was the only one out there. Uncle Ken and Dolores were inside watching NCIS re-runs, and no one else is home right now. It was wonderful and relaxing.

Dinner was nice, too. I made a shrimp-summer veggie stir-fry while watching Weekend at Bernie's. (I'm going to bone up on my vacation-themed movies this week.)

No comments: