Thursday, October 08, 2015

Cleaning Up the Fall

I started the morning with finishing the dusting. I needed to do it. I put it off last month, and it was getting really bad. It was so bad, I spent most of the morning sneezing. I did it as fast as I could, and I still just barely finished in time to change, throw lunch together, pack everything, and hurry out to work.

Work was on-and-off steady, a little busier than it has been, but still not as overwhelming as last weekend. It did pick up quite a bit around rush hour. I'd been there for less than a half-hour when my register made a funny noise, and then decided to run slow. I ended up moving to another register. Other than that, there were no major problems, and my relief was on time. (And I got quite a few compliments on my cute new haircut!)

When I got home, I went right into writing. I had just enough time to do a quick scene with Mackie and Jeff at the bar later in the day. They're drinking and watching Mr. Foley and Eugenia play for the crowd. Mackie notices that the drunks are getting restless with just music. His solution - do a skit with the two until Maple arrives.

Made tuna salad over cucumbers and tomatoes and corn on the cob for dinner while watching a second season episode of Wonder Woman. It may look like she's saying "I Do, I Do," but she's really going undercover at an exclusive spa for couples in Arizona. There's been several recent leaks of top secret information. A masseur is using his particular talents to hypnotize the wives of top government officials and convince them to tell him what they know. He tries the same trick on Diana...but Wonder Woman knows better.

No comments: