Friday, August 06, 2021

Bad Day Blues

Kicked off the morning with breakfast and more Hogan's Heroes. The boys have their own "Gold Rush" when the Nazis store a truck filled with stolen gold at Stalag 13. London orders them to steal as much of it back as they can...and it's Hogan who comes up with the most creative place to stash the load.

Rushed off to work after that. I wish I hadn't. We were busy almost the entire day. Lots of big orders and people who weren't in the best moods. I really messed up when a woman said she only wanted to spend 250 and she did...but I thought she said to ring up the rest after she finished. Figured it was for someone else. She did NOT want me to ring up the rest. I had to cancel it, and was upset and embarrassed even though the people in line behind her handled it better than she did. 

Glad it slowed down enough by 5 for me to shut down without a relief, because I had my own shopping to do. Had online coupons for Acme generic ice cream (tried their Cinnamon Churro flavor) and avocados and found Hunt's low-salt tomato sauce on clearance. Berries were buy 2, get 1 - grabbed two blueberries and a strawberry. Treated myself to bakery clearance bags of sugar and chocolate chip cookies. Restocked butter, brown sugar, milk, yogurt, conditioner, Soft Scrub, bananas, peaches, grape jelly, and lemon juice. Even then, I had trouble ringing everything up on the self-checkout - the regular registers were busy again by the time I finished. 

Good news and frustrating news about my schedule next week. I asked for three days off in the middle of the week. They're not vacation days. I'm saving my vacation time for Lauren's visit here and my visit to her in the fall and when I move. They're just random days I took off because I'm frazzled, weary, and dead tired. I haven't had more than two days in a row since late February. It wouldn't be a big deal if I still got 20 hours a week; almost 40 is badly draining. Trouble is, I didn't realize the head bagger went on her own summer vacation this week. I have 8 or 8 1/2 hours every day I do work. 

When I got home, I put everything away, then changed and had leftovers for dinner. Watched Match Game '76 while I ate. Scoey Mitchilll happily spent the two episodes flirting with a round and pretty contestant. She kept winning and getting to the Audience Match, but having less luck with the Head-to-Head. 

Worked on writing after I finished. Brett's relieved when the Cheshire Catwoman (Lee Merriweather) appears out of nowhere...or at least, her head does. Jack runs off before he can get any further. 

Took a shower at 8, then finished the night with a fourth season Charlie's Angels episode. It's "Three for the Money" when the ladies are hired by a trio who were bilked out of their life savings by a wealthy con artist. They pose as a senator's assistant, a former cowgirl, and a fellow con artist to bring the man down. 

No comments: