Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beautiful Day Balance

First of all, Tina, that chicken is easy to make. Think home-made Shake-And-Bake. All you need is a half-cup of cornmeal, a teaspoon of salt, pepper (freshly ground preferred, but black is fine), and dried basil and parsley. If you like things hotter, add some red pepper or chili powder. Pour the ingredients in a bag. Add three chicken breasts, and shake until covered. Then fry in a medium-heat frying pan or wok until it's no longer pink inside.

It was still relatively cool when I awoke, but yesterday's humidity was gone, and with it went the clouds and rain. It was a lovely day for yoga class. 9 people, including me, my friend Pattie, and the teacher Karin did handstands, twists, and hip openers.

Next stop was the Collingswood Library for this week's volunteering session there. It was pretty busy. They already had someone doing the DVDs, so I spent an hour putting books away upstairs.

I would have done more, but I had work at 1:30 today instead of 2:30. I was home by noon. Had a simple yogurt, peanut butter, and peach lunch and watched more Bowery Boys. When one of their regular buddies gets beat up while on an undercover newspaper assignment, the Bowery Boys take it on themselves to flush out corruption in the local jail...by getting sent up the river!

Work was on-and-off steady today, but not as bad as yesterday. The nicer weather must have put people in a better mood, too. There were no problems, and with the new cashiers training, plenty of help. It was so dead by 6:30, I was able to leave on time even though my relief was late.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I have one more request, Emma :-). I need a good muffin recipe. Which is your favorite? Will you share any one you think is the best?