Friday, August 20, 2010

In the Good Old Summertime

Started off another gorgeous day in Oaklyn with a walk around the neighborhood. I needed milk badly anyway. I took the opportunity to hike all over the area of Oaklyn I live, between the Black Horse Pike and the White Horse Pike. It was surprisingly quiet. I heard kids playing at the Haddon Learning Center on West Clinton, and saw a mother teacher her children how to ride bikes on the end of Manor near Cedar Avenue.

After I came home, I decided to try something. I did some exercises from the book Wishcraft, which basically gives you the tools to get what you want...without having to change who you are. I just need confidence. I'm too shy to talk to people I don't know, and though I feel better about myself and my abilities than I did in the winter, I still sometimes feel like I can't do anything.

I also ran the last Bowery Boys movie I intend to watch for a while, Dig That Uranium. Uranium is the Boys' second western tale. Louie Dumbrowski, the excitable owner of the ice cream shop the Boys hang out in, buys a uranium mine. He and the Boys head out west to find the mine...but find themselves dodging Indians and outlaws and befriending an old prospector. The best part of this one by far was Slip and Sach's hilarious spoof of The Lone Ranger.

(Uranium, incidentally, was used heavily for nuclear warheads in 1955 - it was probably considered more important than gold or silver at that point. Today, it's considered toxic, radioactive, and dangerous - not something someone would go chasing around Nevada for!)

Headed to work after the last of the Tuscan Tuna Salad for lunch. Work was pretty much the same as yesterday - steady, with no major problems. Even with a call-out, we had trainees coming in and plenty of help.

I had dinner at Sonic after work. Had the Chicken Wrap and Low-Cal Diet Cherry Limeade again. I love that. The wrap is filling enough that you really don't need the Tater Tots. And their limeades are sooo good! They put real lime in them.

Made a quick stop at FYE after dinner. I was looking for the new Looney Tunes DVDs for Bugs and Daffy, but I couldn't find them, so I moved on to the Acme for this week's grocery shopping trip. I mostly needed to restock chicken, beef, and yogurt. Also took advantage of a 2 Skippy Peanut Butters for $2 sale with coupon.

No comments: