Sunday, August 15, 2010

Welcoming the Rain

I slept in this morning and spent most of the day hanging around my apartment. It was a good day for it, too. The weather was cool, cloudy, and very humid. (I've actually turned the air conditioner back on, despite it not being that hot. It's too humid not to.) I had Plum Honey Buckwheat Pancakes for breakfast, then tried calling Mom. When I couldn't get her, I went on the computer to work on inventories. Listened to Brunch With the Beatles. Paul McCartney, who is playing Philadelphia on a sold-out concert tour as I type this, was in the spotlight today.

Work was busy again for the first half of my shift, on-and-off for the second. We still didn't have a lot of help, but other than that, there were no major problems. I spent a lot of the second half of the shift putting candy away.

Got home in time for the last half-hour of The Dress Circle. The theme tonight seemed to be "An All-Star Annie Get Your Gun." They mostly played studio sets, but we did hear Ethel Merman singing the last Broadway show tune Irvin Berlin wrote, "An Old Fashioned Wedding," from Annie's early 60s Lincoln Center revival.

By the way, it did finally rain while I was in work, but it was down to misting when I was riding home at 7, and I don't think it's even doing that now. I actually wish it would. We really, really need the rain again.

No comments: