Thursday, August 12, 2010

Clouded Balance

It was merely cloudy and cool when I started out to Yogawood this morning. By the time I arrived, however, it was sprinkling. The rain picked up during the class, providing a quiet background to a rather involved class. We concentrated on twists, handstands, and hip opening. I can twist just fine (when my knee is up to it). I can kick, but I still can't get on my head. Kicking is an improvement over two years ago, though.

With only four dollars left in my pocket, I didn't have the money for the thrift shop or any kind of shopping. I went straight to the Collingswood Library after class. By this point, the rain was starting to let up, but it was still cool, cloudy, and humid. I put a small pile of DVDs away downstairs and a larger pile of non-fiction books away upstairs, then read some fairy-tale books for a little while.

When I rode home around noon, it was still cloudy, but the rain had started again. It didn't last long. It was ending even as I arrived home, and to my knowledge, it's stayed cloudy, cool, and very humid for the rest of the day.

I had lunch, then spent the remainder of the afternoon watching The Bowery Boys and Max and Ruby cartoons and crocheting. Max and Ruby are a pair of energetic bunny siblings. Ruby is the girlie elder sister; Max is the pesky toddler brother. Their tales of rummage sales, selling Bunny Scout Brownies, flying kites, having slumber parties, and trying to turn Max into a moving baby doll remind me a great deal of my own childhood. My brother, however, was actually a very good kid and usually didn't give me the kind of trouble Max gave Ruby. No, that was my sisters.

Work was busier than yesterday, but still not overwhelmingly so. Worst thing that happened going there or coming back was swatting a spider off my shoulder. It was still windy, humid, and cloudy, but any rain seems to have held off. My relief was on time, and I was in and out with no trouble.

No comments: