Monday, August 30, 2010

Hot as a Laundromat In August

I overslept, which didn't bode well for my morning chores. I really needed to do the laundry today. And of course, the laundromat was the busiest I've ever seen it today! Every laundry machine and dryer was in use when I arrived. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait very long for a washer or a dryer, but I did have to wait.

After I finally finished, I rushed home on the bike. I couldn't put off folding my laundry, either. My work shirt was ready to stand up by itself, and I needed it today. I did that as quickly as possible, then rushed and had cereal and a plum for lunch. I changed as fast as possible into my uniform, pulled on my shoes, threw together dinner, and hurried out. I just made it on time.

After all that, work was steady during rush hour, but dead otherwise. I suspect most people went down to the Shore the moment it got really hot outside. Other than some obnoxious beginning of the month customers, there were no major problems and I was in and out quickly.

(And Tina, I'm still slowly working my way through WishCraft. In fact, I had to renew it. I'm only on Chapter 4. I'll see if I can do some more exercises tomorrow either before or after I hit the library.)

No comments: