Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Hot, Scooby Doo?

Started off today with a run to Westmont. I needed sponges, so my first stop was Dollar Tree. (And I finally discovered what they're building where the Halloween store used to be. It's going to be a new bank building for Wachovia. They're currently renting the first floor of a large office building in front of the mall, directly across the library. I like that. It's certainly more useful than another fast-food outlet.)

The Haddon Township Library was very busy when I arrived. There were piles of DVDs leftover from yesterday to put away, and more coming. It was Storybook Hour day, and there were lots of kids looking for DVDs. I helped a little girl find Disney Princess cartoons. There were quite a few adult DVDs to put away, too, and a pile of non-fiction DVDs. I also did some kids' Easy Readers and picture books.

I spent over an hour looking around for books and DVDs for me. I eventually chose the next Tinkerbell movie Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure, Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, a set of Max and Ruby cartoons, and another adult romantic comedy from the 80s, Bull Durham. I also took out another self-help book on fulfulling your dreams, Wishcraft, and a book on nutrition for women.

Went straight home after that. Had a very late lunch and watched Bowery Boys movies and Scooby Doo 2 for the rest of the afternoon. Scooby Doo turned out to be fun, by the way. I liked the first one, but it wasn't great. This was a definite improvement. The members of Mystery Inc (including the animal one) have to prove themselves as detectives when the monsters they once unmasked as fake seem to come to life and terrorize the city. Still no masterpiece, but the characterizations are better and there's fewer gross jokes. Fun if you're a fan of any version of Scooby Doo, including the current one.

Rose and I were supposed to go to tea in Haddonfield, but her baby son Khai was napping and she couldn't leave him. That was ok. Babies need their naps. I went for a walk around the neighborhood instead. It was still hot today, but it was neither quite as hot nor as humid as yesterday. I hiked down to West Clinton and strolled around the neighborhood behind it, then up to the schoolyard and back down Kendall to Manor. I was sweating when I finally got in, but I'm glad I took the walk.

I do need to figure out how I'm going to continue to work out once swimming season's over. The walking will continue, but I need to either find cheap classes or start saving money for a gym.

No comments: