Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn Atmosphere

The rain that started yesterday evening (and made my ride home so cold) continued this morning. I needed milk anyway, so I went for a walk to WaWa this morning after sleeping in just to see how bad it was. When I got home, I was wet, cold, and windblown. It wasn't snowing, but it was raining hard and colder than it should have been for this time of year. I love the fall myself, but it felt more like Mother Nature decided to skip straight to Christmas!

Needless to say, I didn't ride my bike to work this afternoon. Even the Phillies weren't crazy enough to play today, World Series or no friggin' World Series. Work was surprisingly steady, given the weather conditions and the fact that this is the end of the month. Dolores drove me to work. Uncle Ken drove me home. By the time I got out (on time - no relief and it was dying quickly in there anyway), the rain had stopped but the wind was still crazy. Supposedly, we're only going to get a few quick showers tomorrow. It had better be while I'm in work. Uncle Ken and Dolores have doctor's appointments and can't drive me tomorrow, and Dad's out of town. I hate needing rides anyway. It makes me feel like a baby, even though people say they don't mind doing it.

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.