Monday, October 27, 2008

Balancing Rain and Shine

I awoke to a lovely morning. The sun was shining, and though it was windy, it was neither too hot nor too cold for the time of year. I was a bit surprised at the lack of people at Yogawood. The 9:30 class wasn't nearly as full as last week's, just six women, one man, and the teacher Jill. Perhaps all those mothers are getting their children ready for Halloween.

I wish I were doing better with Yoga. I keep trying as much as I can, but I'm just not in the same place most of the other students are. I still can't really do handstands, and my balance is just awful. I can't stand on one foot for more than a few seconds. I do keep trying, and I do intend to continue the classes for as long as I can. I just wish it wasn't so obvious that I'm a novice. Maybe I'd feel more like I fit in.

I stopped at the thrift shop after class to say "hi" to Erica and to drop off a bunch of videos and cassettes that I was donating along with the CDs that FYE didn't want. The store was very busy. Probably a lot of people looking around for Halloween costumes, for themselves or others.

I went straight home after that, grabbed my laundry, and went over to Uncle Ken's to do this week's load. That mostly went well. Uncle Ken and Dolores was home. They were doing laundry, but not until a bit later. I ran the DVD and videos I took out of the Oaklyn Library back and bought deli ham while the laundry was in the dryer. I spent the rest of the afternoon after that working on editing some of our remaining role-play short stories.

Today was my late work shift. It was steady early on, dead by the time I got out. I didn't realize why it was so dead until I rolled out of the store and felt cold raindrops on my nose. I saw heavy clouds on the horizon as I rode to work this afternoon, but I thought nothing of it until I found myself riding home in a freezing shower. I probably should have called Dolores or Uncle Ken, but it wasn't raining that hard when I went home, and anyway it's a pain in the rear end to wait around for them. I did manage to get home before the rain got much worse. It's pouring as I write this. It's raining so hard, tonight's World Series game ended prematurely and will supposedly finish tomorrow.

No comments: