Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Rather Blustery Day

The wind, which had subsided yesterday, returned with a vengeance today. It rained a little as I worked on editing a few role-play stories this morning, but by the time I decided to go to Veteran's Park next-door for a walk, it was merely cloudy. I had a really nice walk, though. The sun peeked through the clouds long enough for me to take a couple of great pictures of the park. I walked around to the edge of the cliffside, then back around to Miss Ellie's house, picking my way over to her yard. I put my camera back at the house, then completed my walk with a quick jaunt down to West Clinton Avenue and back around to Manor. I had lunch, then threw together a snack and headed to work.

Work was quiet earlier on, but the rush hour crowd was a pain. We had one woman who wanted the 12 for $5 canned vegetable sale that ended yesterday. She had found one little sign left in the back...so of course, after much fuss, we had to give it to her. And then, it turned out that she'd bought the wrong damn vegetables to begin with!

I don't know why anyone would want to eat canned vegetables anyway, especially the peas that were one of the three options for that sale! I can understand corn and green beans a little. Both are fine if you use them in soups or casseroles. But canned peas are tasteless green mush. And don't get me started on canned carrots! That's why the only canned vegetable I'll eat is tomatoes. Canned diced tomatoes are great in chili and makes excellent marinade with oil, but most canned vegetables are just gross.

No comments: