Saturday, October 04, 2008

Harvest Time

Even with going into work early today, I still had time to hit the Farm Market beforehand and even check out a few yard sales. I picked up honey, Asian eggplants, a tomato, pears, lovely little apples, celery, carrots, and a green pepper from the Farm Market. There wasn't anything interesting at any of the yard sales on the way home from the Farm Market, but I did find two adorable Pooh Bear and Eeyore Beanie-style stuffed animals at a yard sale on my way to work. They're made with pre-faded, chenille-style fabric and embroidered eyes that give them a sweet, old-fashioned look.

Work was busy today. There were no major problems other than we're still short on help thanks to that lousy schedule. I was out a little late, and after picking up Multi-Grain Cheerios, two discounted bags of Chocolate Chex Mix (yum!), and fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth, I headed home. Thank goodness the weather behaved this time. The wind was gone, and while a few clouds moved in this morning while I was picking my produce, by the time I got out of work, it was sunny and somewhat warmer than it has been (though nothing near as bad as it was this time last year, when it was in the upper 80s).

I spent the rest of the afternoon putting up my many Halloween decorations. I have more than you might think for someone who isn't that big of a fan of Halloween. It's mostly just stuffed toys, cardboard posters, and little items I've picked up over the years, some since college.

No comments: