Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Time of the Season For Cleaning

Continued my monthly cleaning today. Washed the windows, dusted the sills and the blinds, and vacuumed the living room and my bedroom. I also got a bit of a surprise when I opened the door this morning and received a blast of cool air. It barely got into the 60s here today, which was fine by me. It's not like it's been really hot here since mid-August anyway. We had on-and-off clouds, but no rain.

Work was steady-to-busy tonight, which wouldn't have been a problem if we weren't still short on help. Janice actually tried to get me to come into work tomorrow. Oh, I am going to go to the Acme tomorrow...for my paycheck and groceries. I want at least ONE day off this week!

And maybe they'll have the stupid computers fixed by then. My register froze on me less than ten minutes before I was supposed to leave. I had enough stray change sitting out that I was able to give the woman whose order had just finished hers, but the other two people in my line had to go elsewhere. I hate it when that happens. I end up feeling so stupid, even though it's not anyone's fault but the computer system.

No comments: