Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fall Cleaning

It's cleaning week here at the Riverside Rest. I wanted to get started last week, but I kept getting called into work. I was finally able to get enough time in at home to do the bathroom (which badly needed it) and the kitchen. The weather started the same as yesterday - sun in the morning, but cloudy by the time I left for work.

Unlike yesterday, we just got rain, no noisy thunder. It was raining lightly when I got out of work and looked like it hadn't been doing it for very long. Work was a bit of a pain today, but it's the beginning of the month, which brings a lot of obnoxious people out of the woodwork. We were overrun with people with carts filled with sale and dollar items and stacks and stacks of coupons for every single item in the cart...and they always come back for more, if not right away, later in the day. I know as well as the store does that they're buying things for chop shops and stores in Camden and Philadelphia that resell these items illegally. I wish they'd crack down on this. Not only is it aiding and abetting criminal activity, but it holds up the line and takes inventory away from people who are buying things legitimately for their families and really need them. If they can't buy the things they need for their stores from warehouses like normal people, they should not be in business.

No comments: